In July, I attended a
programme entitled “ National Science Fair For Young Children “ which was held
in German Institute Malaysia, Bangi, Selangor. We were selected as volunteers
& committee members and sent for the programme. This programme consisted
about 500 primary school students and followed almost 100 school teachers. It
was 2 days programme. I had attended many programmes like this and this was
best one I could ever say. It was all about kids and I love kids. That was the
best reason why I went for the programme. On 15th July, we took our
train from Tanjung Malim to Bangi. Almost 30 to 40 of indian students including
diploma and degree students travelled together to Bangi. We left about 6.50pm
in the evening and reached there about 9. 15pm. Once we reached there, we were
provided food to eat and then we were given a little speech regarding the
programme. After that, we left to UKM’s hostel. We were also asked to wait for
the transport at 6am morning. Since I was one of the registration and
souvenirs’ committee, I had to be there at 6.30am morning. Started my day with
a wide smile and sleepy eyes. After completing the registration work, I had to
move to hall for a hands off experiment. We had to keep an eye on the students’
activities. After the students’ completed the experiment, we had to collect
their answer sheets and hand over to the organizer. The funniest part is I was
asked to mop the hall after the experiment. One of the head of department
started laughing at the way I was mopping. It was quite embarrassing since I
was well dressed up with my traditional costume. After that, the students were
asked to proceed to the canteen to consume their food. I met a little girl who
caught my attention. She looked so cute that I couldn’t stop myself from taking
a picture with her.
After lunch, the students were asked to start with their own experiment in their respected booths. The judges started their inspection from one booth to another. There were almost 80 to 100 booths from all over Malaysia. Students from all over Malaysia were there even a school from my neighbourhood was there. The next day was our last day there in GMI. We were asked to packed our things and bring it to the GMI. We brought our things and kept it there. That day was the most tiring day. Since I was one of the souvenir committee member, I had to carry the trophies and passed to the guest to give them to the students. I swear the trophies were very heavy and I couldn’t carry it after one point. My hands started trembling due to the weight of the trophies. At one point, I thought I’m gonna lose my arms. Another side, my legs started paining as hell. I couldn’t believe I had to walk with heels. I wasn’t used to it by the way. But I managed not to fall. I still managed to smile and not to be grumpy even I was tired. As I realised the programme is going to end, I felt worried that I’m going leave this family of mine. My Head of department, committee members from UNITEN, they were very friendly. It was just 2 days I met them, but they were the best. After the prize giving ceremony, the organizers thanked us for helping them so much in everything they did. We had a small photoshoot with the organizers, the head of departments, and other committee members from different universities. This was the best programme I have ever attended. Left with a lot of memories. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment