Thursday, September 8, 2016

My Birthday

It was almost one more minute to reach 12am. I didn’t even remember what day it was. I just was having my dinner in the hall with one of my friend Reenaa. After a while, she went to the room and never came down. I was calling her but she didn’t respond. I was too lazy to go up to my room so I decided to sit in the hall. Suddenly, I heard my hand phone ringing. I ran up the stairs to answer the call. Once I opened the room door, my both roommates and yes my so called good friends hugged me, pushed me on the bed and wished me “Happy Birthday” meanwhile I was so eager to answer the call. The call was from someone I wanted to wish me the first, but they didn’t allow me to answer the call. One of my friend answered the call, and purposely wished me when that specific person was on the line. She gave the hand phone and then he wished me as the 3rd person.





That morning, I went to temple to get some blessings and to start my day with a good sign. I wore Punjabi suit which was gifted by my mom to me. It was a purple and peach coloured traditional costume. I looked nice in that outfit. I felt bad because I wasn’t at home. I didn’t celebrate my birthday with my family. To be honest, this was the worst birthday ever. That day was fully packed with classes upon classes and assignments to complete. After coming back home, I was too tired to talk to anyone so I just laid on the bed and had a small nap. When I woke up, my friend said lets go to dominos. It will be my treat. I didn’t expect that from her and we went for it. She tried making me happy, she bought me a piece of cake, and pizza to eat. She tried making me feel at home. I could feel it. After that, we brought the pizza and cake back home, we ate it together. Thank you so much Reenaa for making me feel better. It wasn’t a big treat but yes I know you tried your best. You’re one of awesome one I have seen in this University life. Thanks for always being there, tolerating my sarcasm to the extreme level. 

No comments:

Post a Comment