Thursday, September 8, 2016

Hari Sual Kenal 16/17

It was my first time experience being the committee member of media and publicity. I wasn’t that good but I put my best and it turned out well. It was a programme conducted by the Diploma Indian students of Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris. The programme entitle “ Aarambam” was conducted by Stephanie Ann. The objective of the programme was to introduce the juniors to seniors. The programme was successfully conducted by the diploma students. There were several activities conducted by the diploma students for our juniors. First was night walk, second was explore race and the last one was performance night. The night walk was conducted on 18th june at Kampus Baru Sultan Azlan Shah. The night walk was very interesting. We made the juniors to walk by tying one of their to another, blindfolded them. The motive of the night walk was to teach them about teamwork. Teamwork is necessary since we are all in University and we meet many kind of people with different personalities. Since they were all blindfolded, they didn’t know where everyone were going. Some started screaming when the seniors start disturbing them. Some had figured out that they were disturbed by their seniors. The checkpoints were almost 30 footsteps from another checkpoint.



The next day was the explore race. Some students didn’t attend the explore race because they were having fever due to the effect of the day before. There were almost 10 checkpoints. The venue for this explore race was Kampus Lama Sultan Abdul Jalil Shah. Students will have to find for each checkpoints and complete the task given. Everyone completed the task will come to get back to Bitarasiswa. Each group did their best and managed to complete the tasks. Everyone looked so messed up, dirty yet they were still smiling. After that programme, everyone were asked to return back to their respective hostel.


One week later, we had our performance night where every juniors are asked to perform. There were 5 performances all together. There were groups and also solo performance. As a photographer, I didn’t had a chance to sit down. I was asked to take pictures of everyone and the performances. I was happy to take pictures but the saddest thing is I wasn’t in the pictures. Not only that, I was asked to do a montage for the committee members. This task was not that easy but still I had some experiences in using movie maker. That was very helpful. I would thanked my lecturer Mr Zahren for teaching us on how to use movie maker. Besides that, this was an opportunity for the diploma to show the leadership an work in team & and also to get to know each other. Last but not the least, the programme was definitely a successful one. Thanks to those who worked hard in succeeding this programme. 

No comments:

Post a Comment